While we were doing all that, Everett turned 10 months. He is getting to the point where he wants to do everything himself. He HATES being fed with a spoon and any time we try he throws a fit so we have given up for the most part. This morning I just gave him his oatmeal and spoon. That turned into a gigantic mess, but he loved every minute of it. Despite being more and more independent, he is still our cuddle bug. He loves being held and loved on.
Tucker is thriving at preschool and we are planning on moving him up to 3 days a week starting next week. He has started singing a lot more songs, can now recognize almost all his letters and numbers, and count to 13. All things he couldn't do (no matter how hard we tried) just a few weeks ago. It's like he has been learning it all along and going to preschool just made it all sink in. He also continues to be the most observant little kid I have ever met. The other day he came home from school and was telling me about his teacher's (Miss Ellen) haircut. I thought she must have mentioned getting one that weekend. When I asked her about it she said that she never told him she got one. My 3 year-old little boy noticed all on his own that his teacher got literally an inch of hair cut off. Unreal.
Tucker also he cut out his nap. For those of you who have spent any time around Tucker, you may know that there is a HUGE difference between asleep and awake. So this has proven challenging for me. But we are adjusting.
Finally, Tucker has taken friendliness to a whole new level. He literally says "Hi!" to every person he sees...everywhere. And, if that person is a child, he runs off with them wherever they are going. If we go to a restaurant, he sees no problem with sitting at whatever table is the most fun...and then finding the most fun person at that table and sitting on their lap. This has made every outing like new adventure in "How is mom going to survive this?" I am sure it's really entertaining to whoever might be watching us, but I feel like the head clown at the world's craziest circus every time I leave the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment