Wednesday, November 7, 2007

36 week appointment

Technically I am 36.5 weeks but today was my 36 week appointment with the midwife. His heartbeat is holding steady in the 140s, my blood pressure is still great, and we are measuring the same for the past 3 weeks, but she says that's because he has dropped. She surprised me by telling me that she won't do any internal exams without a reason. So, unless I start feeling contractions (which I haven't) we are just going to take it easy, which is good because I have to take Tucker to the appointments with me. She told me to start taking Evening Primrose Oil twice a day in the hopes that I might be one of those lucky women who are 4-5 centimeters dialated when they go into labor. It's worth a shot to me!

1 comment:

likethecracker said...

HOLD ON HOLD ON!!!! HAVE YOU TOLD MOM YOU ARE TAKING SOME FORM OF AN OIL!!! She is going to be so excited! You are just like some tail of amazing spirituality that she has to tell you about primrose and how your baby will walk on water if you keep taking it! I am not saying your baby will be jesus... I am just saying that he will be the essence of innocence until I come to visit...so enjoy that!