Wednesday, November 28, 2007

39 week appointment...

Well, we had a little bit of a scare at today's appointment, but all is well now. Yesterday I had my ultrasound to check out how the little guy is hanging in. We learned a few things...

1. He is definitely still a boy
2. He is approx. 8lbs 4 oz give or take a pound either way
3. He likes to stick his tongue out
4. and apparently, he might be losing some of his cushioning...

Today when I went to see the midwife she was concerned that my amniotic fluid levels are too low. Apparently they want to see them above 7 and mine measured 5.7 the first time and 9.0 the second time. So she checked me (I am 2 cm dialated and 0 effaced for all those who know about this stuff) and stripped the membranes in the hopes to get him moving. Then she set me up on a non-stress test. That's where I sit there and get monitored to make sure his heart beat is ok and if I am having any contractions and I push a little button if he moves. He passed with flying colors and they now think the screwy amniotic fluid reading was due to the way he was lying on the umbilical cord. I go in Friday to make sure my levels are ok and hopefully they are, or else we might have to induce.

Thankfully, my lovely mother-in-law has graciously taken Tucker until Saturday so we have lots of time to relax and focus on a healthy baby.

No comments: